Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bombay Sandwich

Yesterday I reached home and was not in the mood to cook anything :(. One of those days when I don't feel like turning on the gas. But since we ate out whole weekend so had to eat something at home.

I started searching in my fridge for all the veggies and I found beet root, lots of cilantro, tomatoes and cucumber. So I thought of making this quick and easy bombay sandwich.

Servings: 4 Sandwiches

Ingredients:
2 Beet roots- boiled and sliced( I boiled in microwaves for 5 mins)
2 Potatoes-boiled and sliced
1 Cucumber-sliced
1 Tomato - thin slices
1 Onion - sliced
1 Green pepper - sliced (optional)
Chat masala
Amul butter
Salt
Pepper
Multi Grain wheat bread (you can use any type of bread)

For Cilantro Chutney
2 bunches Cilantro
2-3 green chillies
handful of peanuts
salt

Method:
Cilantro Chutney- Put all the ingredients in Magic bullet and make chutney. I usually make this extra and freeze it.

Sandwich:
Take a slice of bread and apply butter on one side. Then add cilantro chutney on it and put all the veggies on it. Sprinkle chat masala, salt and pepper. Take another slice of bread and add green chutney on one side and make a sandwich.
You can grate more butter if you like(optional).
Also, you can grill this sandwich in the panini maker(optional).

I forgot to take a picture.. next time!


3 comments:

  1. nicee...great quick recipe!
    Its seriously simple and could be done with whatever veggies are at home great!
    and your first para is how I feel almost every day :))
    lucky my husband :p

    for all those who don't know about magic bullet:
    here's a link to buy it.. its awesome! totally recommend it:

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/As-Seen-on-TV-Magic-Bullet-Express-Blender-and-Mixer-System-17-piece-Set/15707852

    ReplyDelete
  2. mridula... which multi grain wheat bread do you use? Is there one that you recommend that is healthy and tastes good as well..
    I tried a multi grain wheat bread sometime before..but we didn't like the taste of it all and so, ended up wasting the whole thing :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalyani we use Pepperidge farm multigrain bread. It doesn't taste that great like other healthy stuff :) but I manage to eat it.

      Delete