Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

tamarind rice - simple yet tasty


Yesterday, I left work after 7pm. There were no veggies at home and I didn't want to go to the grocery store and then go home and then chop them and then cook....blaaah..
But I had to cook something.. so, I wondered what I could easily make from what I had at home...
and then I thought of tamarind rice..its soo simple... and soo tasty...there was no looking back from there... :) (the best part is you don't have to cut any vegetables except chillies and ginger)


Here's the recipe... I followed all her instructions except I didn't add roasted sesame powder (since I didn't have that at home) and jaggery/brown sugar (cause I dont like the sweet taste).

http://www.sailusfood.com/2008/10/30/pulihora-andhra-tamarind-rice/

Here's a picture of what I made... was delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment