I love Tiramisu and always used to think that it will be tough to make Tiramisu at home.. But trust me it is one of the easiest desserts I have ever made :) I wish I had a better picture of this.
32 oz mascarpone cheese (I got from Harris Teeter)
5-6 tbs rum extract (again from Harris Teeter)
8-10 tbs sugar
5 oz heavy cream
6 oz of strong brewed coffee (i got a tall cup from Starbucks)
50-55 ladyfinger biscuits (or 1 pack- This I got from an Italian store in Morrisville)
dark chocolate shavings
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Beat the mascarpone cheese and the cream together in a high speed blender till it becomes of a spreadable consistency. Add rum extract, vanilla extract and sugar and mix well.
2. Let the coffee cool completely and then add 1 tbs rum and 1 tbs sugar.
3. Dip the ladyfinger biscuits very lightly in the coffee and place them in a baking tray.
4. Spread the mascarpone cheese on it. Repeat the layer of ladyfinger biscuits and then top it with mascarpone cheese layer.
5. Place it in the refrigerator to cool, best if left in fridge for atleast 2 hours. Remove half an hour before serving and sprinkle some unsweetened cocoa powder and dark chocolate shavings.