Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

egg fried rice (the easy peasy version)


This morning, I had 1/2 a cup cooked rice and 5 eggs in the fridge and no lunch yet (except some left over manchurian from last night dinner).

My husband suggested that I make egg fried rice with it.
I thought that was a good idea and that it would go well with the manchurian curry.
But, I didn't want to set the knife to the cutting board (there were enough dishes in the sink already)..

So, I thought I'll try making quick egg fried rice without onions or chillies... and it actually turned out pretty tasty even without any of that.

Here's the recipe:

oil: 1 tablespoons
rice: 1/2 cup (if the rice is left over rice, use a spatula to get rice grains separate and not be one block together)
eggs: 5 brown (beat well)
cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
vinegar: 1 tablespoons
soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
maggi masala chili: 1 tablespoon
salt: to taste
pepper: to taste (I use a good amount of pepper cause I

Heat oil in a frying pan.
Once hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
Add ginger garlic paste..and cook it for 30 seconds.
set the flame to slightly less than medium.
Now adds the well beaten eggs and let it set  for about 4 mins.
It should be just forming an omelet. Now, break it and scramble it.
Now add soy sauce, masala chili and vinegar. stir well.
Add salt and pepper now. (I use a good amount of pepper cause I like how pepper goes with
egg and rice. Add per your taste).
Mix and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Now add rice. Cook for another 5 minutes (keep mixing in this time).

Ofcourse, at the end, you can do a taste test and add salt and pepper if you'd like some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment