Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Aloo mattar peanuts

Aloo mattar and peanuts

I was looking to make some quick lunch this morning without much groceries in hand. Since I always have frozen peas and potatoes at home, I thought I would make aloo mattar but I didn't want to wait on cooking the onions first and then adding tomatoes and the rest of the stuff. So instead... I chopped some onions, ginger, green chillies, tomatoes, potatoes and mattar all in one go. I saw some roasted peanuts lying around so I casually threw them in and let everything cook until I went and got ready. Ofcourse you can add turmeric, black pepper, coriander powder and the standard masalas you normally add.
When I tasted it at lunch today, I couldn't believe that the roasted peanuts could give such a pleasant taste to aloo mattar, try it sometime! Attaching a picture this time :D

Secret Ingredient: peanuts

1 comment:

  1. niiice gun!
    I like the idea... cause it makes me think why do I always try to make a curry or a rice dish
    this make a good filling lunch too..
    so, sometimes, if there is no time for any of that..its a good idea to do something like this and make a salad out of it.. its healthier than eating with rice anyways.

    ReplyDelete